Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh, Hi There!

2 posters

Go down

Oh, Hi There! Empty Oh, Hi There!

Post by OnceBitten Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:10 pm

Hello there!

So my name is Lisa -- nothing fancy or special at all. Just plain, and simple. I'd like to think it reflects me somewhat. I'm the admin here, since I created it..and trust me there's nothing to worry about -- I don't bite..very hard Laughing

My username here is OnceBitten, and surprisingly enough I didn't randomly choose it. I was recently reading Twilight for the zillionth time, and I was reading the part where Alice explains to Bella the "mechanics" of vampire conversion...the part where she says something along the lines of " 'Once bitten, our prey is in too much pain to escape.' " Something along the lines of that anyhow. Those two words, Once bitten just jumped out at me so when it came time to create this site I decided to use that as my username.

I don't lead an extravagant life, but surprisingly enough I do have other interests outside of Twilight. He he, who would have imagined that? Very Happy So I like to write (as if that isn't obvious),and talk (ditto) among other things. Those other things would include reading, watching hockey, watching lacrosse, playing hockey and lacrosse(even though I'm not athletic at all and I'm not very good at either). I like to play baseball with my younger sister in our backyard when it's warm outside, again not really good at it but at least I have fun. I also play darts ..which is something I'd like to think I'm good at since I play in a house league and play competitively in tournaments. Other than that nothing of any real interest...although I'm really into home improvements and do-it-yourself projects.

I first found Twilight at the library, when looking for a book. It looked interesting -- until I read the inside flap. I'll admit...I was completely turned off by the fact that it was a vampire book because normally I don't like vampire books (actually I don't like this one book that was loosely tied to vampires). In fact, I didn't even take it out the first time. Then a few weeks later, I picked up a totally different copy of Twilight...one that didn't mention anything about vampires I think. I remember being interested by the fact that a) there was the part on the inside jacket about Bella being in to deep to tell anyone about "this" -- which immediately made me want to know what it was about and b) the fact that it was a NY Times Bestseller...see I want to write and publish novels myself, so I was looking for something good to model my work off.

My first impressions of Twilight was pretty much : This is amazing...I'm never going to write this good. I'm jealous. And I was, and I didn't really want anyone to know I liked the book because a group of girls were obsessing over it...and I normally don't tell people I like something when its pretty popular. But by the time I was done with it, I couldn't help myself...I was addicted.

So that's pretty much it for me. Hope my introduction was sufficient
OnceBitten
OnceBitten
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://www.lhuntingford.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Oh, Hi There! Empty Re: Oh, Hi There!

Post by Greenie Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:19 pm

Heyo.

I'm Taylor. I'm 15, female, and am pretty straightforward, honest, and nice (I like to think). I love life. Smile

I chose my username because IRL, that's my nickname. Grade six; I was best friends with this guy named Lance and I was taller than he was. So he started calling me Green Giant. It got shortened to Greenie when my friend Fez called me that at some point.
Ugh, I really miss them both & Luke.

I live an amazing life. I am a video game junkie. Some of my favorites are the Resident Evil series (zombies, ftw) and the Silent Hill series. I love horror video games, even though they scare me like whoa.
Aside from video games, I enjoy reading (uhm, kind of obvious, people). Some of my favorites are This Lullaby, World War Z, Resident Evil series (ahem, yes, there ARE books), Catcher in the Rye, Harry Potter series, Ultimate Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Zombie Survival Guide, Mosh Pit, and Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse of course.
I love movies, scary movies especially. I absolutely love gore-or (gory horror) movies, and psychological thrillers. I also love Disney movies (yay me). Some of my favorites are Saw (1, 2, 3), Silent Hill, Resident Evil, RE: Apocalypse, RE: Extinction, POTC, POTC: Dead Man's Chest, POTC: At World's End, Die Hard, 101 Dalmations, Little Mermaid, Zodiac, Number 23, Fun With Dick and Jane, Wolf Creek, and the Blair Witch Project.
I'm a music fanatic. I play guitar, flute, and I can sing. Silence is really awkward for me because I usually have something playing in the background when I'm home. I kind of have, like, internal music. I'm constantly tapping my foot to some sort of music, whether I'm able to hear it or not.
I'm not an athletic person at all, but I enjoying watching football. I don't watch Canadian or College football; I watch American football (NFL). My favorite team is New Orleans. I love them.
Other than that, I enjoy writing (I have TONS of unfinished stories, poems, etc. I lose interest fast), chillin' with my friends, eating (aha), watching television (Dexter = love. If you haven't watched it, you should), and playing with my dog.

Let's see, my first impression of Twilight... AMAZING. My friend Rebecca lent me the book (because she's always forcing books on me, even when I'm already reading, like, five) and told me it wasn't a really generic vampire story.
I read it... I couldn't get into it the first time, but I decided I'd try again because the writing was good and the story, as my friend said, wasn't a typical vampire story (typical vamp story = blood, gore, violence and lots of teeth). Second time... I was like, "Wow."
So, my "wow" was technically my second impression of Twilight, but still.
Though the series isn't my favorite of all time, it's very dear to my heart.
That last line was really cheesy.
Greenie
Greenie
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by OnceBitten Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:55 pm

Hehe, welcome Very Happy. You know you could have started your own thread. That's kind of the point eh? Razz
OnceBitten
OnceBitten
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-02-17

http://www.lhuntingford.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content